Special Bulletin SP12-01B
Pdf File 854.81KByte
Release 4: Release 3:
- Addition of air compressor mounting bolts torque, step 76 - Addition of an alternate method for the repair: Pinning of the double idler gear
VOLVO D13 ENGINE EPA2010 ? DOUBLE IDLER GEAR REPAIR Prevost vehicles
DESCRIPTION On certain EPA2010 vehicles equipped with VOLVO D13 engines, the pinning or the replacement of the double idler gear is necessary. US10 engines prior to serial number 964661 are involved. Before proceeding, verify vehicle eligibility by checking SP (Service Program) status in SAP or Vehicle Warranty Information tool on Prevost-System tab of the Volvo Trucks Dealer portal or use the Online Warranty System tool on Prevost web site www.prevostcar.com. Once on Prevost web site, select WARRANTY on SERVICE tab.
Note: Check SAP or Vehicle Warranty Information tool for any open software bulletin and perform update before releasing the vehicle.
2 methods available to perform the repair
Method 1 (shorter) - Pinning of the double idler gear
This method is found on "SP215-017 DOUBLE IDLER GEAR PINNING MODIFICATION" available on Impact and on the Prevost Service Portal under Technical Publications.
Method 2 (longer) - Replacement of the double idler gear
This method is described in this bulletin. When this repair method has already been performed on a fleet, you may use this method to complete the remaining vehicles of the fleet.
MODEL YEAR(S) AND VEHICLES INVOLVED
NOTICE TO SERVICE CENTERS
Verify vehicle eligibility by checking bulletin status with SAP or Vehicle Warranty Information tool found on Prevost?Systems tab of the Volvo Trucks Dealer Portal
H3-41, H3-45 Coaches Model Year : 2010 ? 2012
H3 VIP Shells Model Year : 2011 ? 2012
X3-45 Coaches Model Year : 2010 ? 2012
XLII Entertainer Model Year : 2011
The following vehicles... 2PCH33498AC711573 2PCH33495AC711627 2PCH33499BC711695 2PCH33496AC711605 2PCH33496AC711636 2PCH33499AC711713
And From 2PCH33496BC711721 up to 2PCH3349XCC711920 incl.
From 2PCVS3494BC711772 up to 2PCVS3490CC711916 incl.
2PCG33498AC729907 2PCG33491AC729926 2PCG33499BC729965 2PCG33491BC729992 2PCG33498CC735208
And From 2PCG33491BC735002 up to 2PCG33497CC735099 incl.
2PCYS3495BC729971 2PCY33498BC735003 2PCYS3493BC735011
The following vehicles...
X3 VIP Shells Model Year : 2012
This bulletin does not necessarily apply to all the above-mentioned vehicles, some vehicles may have been modified before delivery. Please refer to SAP or Vehicle Warranty Information tool found on Prevost?Systems tab of the Volvo Trucks Dealer Portal for exact status.
The above list of VIN was valid at the time of publishing this document. Please refer to SAP for most recent information about outstanding vehicles
MATERIAL NEEDED FOR METHOD 2 Part description Double Idler gear, Kit
Deleted part No New part No
Quantity per vehicle 1
NOTE When doing this replacement, if you encounter any signs of damages caused by idler gear failure, replace damaged parts and repair as required. Many parts not included in the replacement kit might be needed such as oil filters, flywheel housing etc.
Material can be obtained through regular channels.
To order parts, contact:
Prevost Parts US Customer Service Illinois 2200 Point Blvd, Suite 100 Elgin, Illinois 60123 Toll free phone: 1-800-621-5519 Coach Tel.: 1-847-844-7680
Prevost Parts Canada Customer Service Quebec City 2955-A, avenue Watt Quebec, Quebec G1X 3W1 Toll free phone: 1-800-463-8876 Phone: 1-418-653-0948 Parts
To gain access to Parts Online Ordering or to contact a Regional Sales Manager, go to the Prevost section of the trucks dealer portal at WWW.TRUCKSDEALERPORTAL.COM.
PROCEDURE ? METHOD 2
Park vehicle safely, apply parking brake, stop engine. In the battery box, set the battery cut-off switch to the OFF position prior to working on the vehicle.
You must read and understand the precautions and guidelines in Service Information, Impact, Function Group 20, "Engine Safety Practices" before performing this procedure. If you are not properly trained and certified in this procedure, ask your supervisor for training before you perform it.
Before beginning any work on any part of the air system, be certain that the air pressure has been released. Failure to do so may cause a component to violently separate, which can result in serious personal injury.
DOUBLE IDLER GEAR KIT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING PARTS
PART NO. 1543896
DESCRIPTION / USE Crankshaft seal, rear
Gasket, timing gear cover
Gasket, EGR valve
flange screw M10X90, EGR valve mounting
Gasket, EGR hot pipe
O-ring, air compressor
O-ring, power steering pump
Gasket, rubber coolant pipe
O-ring, camshaft/crankshaft sensor
Gasket, diffuser pipe
O-ring, EGR crossover pipe
Seal, timing cover
Hexagonal socket screw, idler gear mounting
Seal, flexible pipe
Seal, flexible pipe
Seal, oil fill tube
QTY 1 1 1 1 4 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 2 1 6 1 1 1 1
1) Apply parking brake and place transmission in neutral.
2) Open the engine compartment. Place the rear start selector switch to the OFF position to disable the engine.
3) Steam clean the engine.
When using a pressure washer to clean the vehicle, do not direct the spray at electrical components in the engine compartment such as the alternator, starter and compressors. Water spray from pressure washers can damage electrical components.
4) Remove all cables from ground (negative) battery terminals to prevent personal injury from electrical shock.
5) Remove the engine and transmission from the vehicle. Refer to Impact, Function Group 21. 6) Secure the engine, transmission and cradle assembly on appropriate stands. 7) Remove the oil pan drain plug and drain the oil into a clean, suitable container. Install the drain plug
and tighten to 60 ?10 Nm (44 ?7 lbf- ft). Inspect the engine oil for metal contaminants.
The oil container must be clean. The removed oil will be used to fill the engine when the repair is complete. Dirty oil may put the engine at risk of failure.
NOTE Use only hand tools when removing and tightening the drain plug. Do not use an air ratchet or similar air tool.
8) Drain the air system. 9) Drain the coolant from the radiator and engine using the coolant extractor (85112740).
NOTE An alternate method is to connect the drain hose (9990649) to the drain fitting and drain the coolant.
10) If the vehicle is equipped with an optional transmission oil cooler, disconnect the transmission cooler lines from the transmission. Plug the lines and the transmission fittings.
11) Disconnect or remove all electrical connections, air lines and or brackets around transmission. 12) Remove the starter motor.
- volvo trucks uptime
- searching for digital assets on truck dealer portal
- to u.s. and canada distributors bulletin date action required
- special bulletin sp12 01b
- mack depot ship locations street address city st zip
- critical parts bulletin for n.a. volvo truck dealers
- volvo overhaul and powertrain parts update
- service bulletin volvo trucks north america d
- volvo trucks. driving progress vista 2019 2020 governance